- Microsoft Certifications - Portuguese Study Material for Your First Certification (MTA)
- Microsoft Certifications - Tips, Links, and Study Materials for SQL Server 2016 MCSA and MCSE Tests
- Microsoft certification exams: 50% discount for students (Undergraduate, Graduate, Master, Doctorate)
- SQL Server - How to Learn from Basics to Certification (Courses, Virtual Labs, Virtual Academy)
- MCP Professional - How to Share Your Certifications and How to Find Certified Professionals
- SQL Server - Study Material for the 70-764 Administering a SQL Database Certification Exam
- How was the Microsoft Certification Data Platform Webinar (Data Platform)
- Microsoft Certification - Tips on how to take the test at home without a headache
- My impressions and DP-300 exam study material - Administering Relational Databases on Microsoft Azure (beta)
- My impressions and study material for the DA-100 certification exam - Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI (beta)
All right with you ?
Continuing my post Microsoft Certifications - Tips, Links, and Study Materials for SQL Server 2016 MCSA and MCSE Tests, where I covered in general about Microsoft certifications at all levels (MTA, MCSA and MCSE), in this post I would like to focus especially on MTA certification and help answer questions from you who are considering getting this certification.
What are these acronyms? MTA, MCSA and MCSE?View answer
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA): This is Microsoft's first and easiest certification exam, designed for people just starting their careers and still getting familiar with the technology. With just 1 proof, you already get MTA certification in the desired field.
As an incentive to take the MTA test, Microsoft gives you a small discount on taking this exam (you pay $ 77 instead of $ 100 for other MCSA and MCSE tests)
Remember that the MTA exam does not guarantee you the title of MCP and is not a prerequisite for taking the MCSA and MCSE exams and therefore doing it is optional.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Medium / high level test, aimed at people who already have experience with the technologies involved. Once you pass any MCSA exam, you earn the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) title.
In addition, MCSA certification is a prerequisite for MCSE certification. You can even take the MCSE exams before you have the MCSA title,
but will only effectively win the title when you earn the MCSA (if you have already passed the MCSE exam, you will earn the 2 certifications together)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Microsoft's latest level of certification exams, MCSE exams are often the most difficult of Microsoft exams, and should be performed by highly-skilled professionals with extensive experience and expertise in the technologies in question.
Who is the target audience for MTA certification?View answer
I believe this proof should not be much sought after by analysts PL, SR or above, since these professionals must already be seeking (or already have) MCSA and MCSE certifications, which are more difficult to obtain and much more technical titles. , already focused on technologies and very specific subjects and with much more practice and scenarios that occur in the daily lives of these professionals.
Is it worth studying and getting MTA certification?View answer
If you are a student and now entering the job market, this is definitely the first certification exam you should look for, as it is more theoretical and the exam is not so complicated. This helps a lot and learn more about how the certification process works and what Microsoft evidence is like.
I have had some acquaintances who, already in their first test, tried to do an MCSA test without having much experience in the subject. These people did not do very well in the test and took a certain fear of certification tests. For this reason, I always recommend that the person who starts trying to get their certifications should start with the MTA.
If you already have a high degree of knowledge and experience and are now seeking to specialize in certifications, I recommend obtaining MCSA / MCSE titles and then, if you wish, seek MTA certification. An MTA certification doesn't really add much to the curriculum of those who already have an MCSA / MCSE, but I usually say that certification is addictive (and really addictive! Lol), so it's something to think about when you already have all the certifications you are aiming for. .
What are the evidence of MTA?View answer
- 98-349 Exam - Windows Operating System Basics: Candidates for this exam should be aware of the fundamental concepts of the Windows operating system in a Windows 10 environment.
- 98-361 Exam - Software Development Fundamentals: Candidates for this exam seek to prove their knowledge of software development. Applicants are recommended to be familiar with the concepts and have hands-on experience with the technologies described here, either by relevant courses or by working with tutorials and examples available on MSDN and Microsoft Visual Studio. Applicants must have experience with C # or Microsoft Visual Basic .NET.
- 98-364 Exam - Database Fundamentals: Candidates for this exam want to prove basic knowledge and skills with databases, including relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server. Applicants are recommended to be familiar with the concepts and have hands-on experience with the technologies described here, either by relevant courses or by working with tutorials and examples available on MSDN and Microsoft Visual Studio. While minimal hands-on technology experience is recommended, these exams do not assume work experience.
- 98-365 Exam - Windows Server Administration Fundamentals: This exam is intended to provide candidates with an assessment of their knowledge of fundamental concepts of server administration. It is recommended that applicants become familiar with the concepts and technologies described here by taking relevant training courses. Candidates are expected to have some practical experience with Windows Server, Windows-based networks, Active Directory, account management, and system recovery tools and concepts.
- 98-366 Exam - Networking Fundamentals: This exam is designed to provide candidates with an assessment of their knowledge of fundamental networking concepts. Candidates for this exam seek to prove fundamental networking knowledge and skills. Before taking the exam, candidates should have a solid basic knowledge of the topics described in this preparation guide. It is recommended that applicants become familiar with the concepts and technologies described here by taking relevant training courses. Candidates are expected to have hands-on experience with Windows Server, Windows-based networking, network management tools, DNS, TCP / IP, protocol and name resolution processes, and network topologies.
- 98-367 Exam - Security Fundamentals: This exam validates the applicant's safety skills and knowledge. It can serve as a step toward Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. It is recommended that applicants become familiar with the concepts and technologies described here by taking relevant training courses. Candidates are expected to have some practical experience with Windows Server, Windows-based networks, Active Directory, antimalware products, firewalls, devices, topologies, and network ports.
- 98-368 Exam - Mobility and Devices Fundamentals: This exam validates the candidate's skills and knowledge regarding Windows devices and mobility. It can serve as a step toward Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. It is recommended that applicants become familiar with the concepts and technologies described here by taking relevant training courses. Candidates are expected to have some practical experience with Windows devices, Windows-based networks, Active Directory, antimalware products, firewalls, devices, topologies, and network ports.
- 98-369 Exam - Cloud Fundamentals: This exam is designed for candidates who want to demonstrate basic knowledge and skills in using Microsoft cloud services. The exam can serve as a step toward Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams. It is recommended that applicants become familiar with the concepts and technologies described here by taking relevant training courses. Applicants should have some hands-on experience with Office 365, Microsoft Intune, firewalls, network devices and topologies, and network ports.
- 98-380 Exam - Introduction to Programming Using Block-Based Languages (Touch Develop): Candidates for this exam should understand algorithm flow and implement common program control frameworks. Candidates should have experience with block-based programming languages such as Touch Develop, Scratch, and Blockly. Candidates are expected to have some practical experience of designing, authoring, and publishing code within a block-based programming language.
- 98-381 Exam - Introduction to Programming Using Python: Candidates for this exam must be able to recognize and write Python code correctly syntactically, recognize the data types supported by Python, and be able to recognize and write Python code that will logically solve a particular problem. Candidates are expected to have at least approximately 100 hours of instruction and / or practical experience with the Python programming language, be familiar with its features and capabilities, and understand how to write, debug, and maintain well-documented Python code. and well formed.
- 98-383 Exam - Introduction to Programming Using HTML and CSS: Candidates for this exam should be able to recognize and write syntactically correct HTML and CSS, structure data using HTML elements, and create and apply styles using CSS. Applicants must have at least 100 hours of instruction or hands-on experience with HTML and CSS, be familiar with its features and capabilities, and understand how to write, debug, and maintain well-formed HTML and CSS code.
Is MTA proof prerequisite for MCSA / MCSE? If approved, do I get the MCP?View answer
However, passing the MTA does not guarantee you the title of Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and is not a prerequisite for taking the MCSA and MCSE exams. You can take the MCSA / MCSE exams without having the MTA title.
To become an MCP, you simply have to pass any MCSA or MCSE exam.
How much does MTA proof cost and how do I pay?View answer
As the companies offering the exams are American (Certiport and PearsonVue), the exam can only be paid using an international credit card under Visa, MasterCard, American Express or JCB. If you don't have one, there are several companies that offer cards with no annual fee and fees, such as NuBank and Banco Inter. You can also opt for an international Prepaid credit card (no bank account required), such as the PagSeguro Prepaid Card. That is, no excuses to postpone your certification test .. lol
It is worth remembering that 50% discount for students CAN'T applies to MTA tests.
Can I take the MTA test in Portuguese?View answer
The vast majority of Microsoft certification exams have several languages to choose from, and one of them is Portuguese (EN). This helps a lot when the person taking the exam has no command of the original language of the test, which is English, because the texts of the tests are usually a little long and
The person may become confused.
However, beta tests, or even newly released official tests, usually do not have multi-language options early on. They take a few months to translate and this may prevent you, who don't know English, from taking these tests for a long time.
Also, I need to tell you that in some cases, proofs in Portuguese may even confuse you, as the technical terms are also translated.
- Stored Procedure
- Log Shipping
However, I have to warn you that English is ESSENTIAL, not just to take certification exams, but throughout his IT career. The overwhelming majority of books and technical articles are usually in English, many technical terms are still in English, and most IT giants are in the US.
That said, it's hard to find a great IT professional who doesn't even know how to read English texts. If you don't have this ability yet, don't waste any more time! Start TODAY studying English for the sake of your career.
I want to take the MTA test. How I do?View answer
Once you have your Microsoft account, you should go to the exam page you want to take and schedule at the Microsoft partner who conducts the exams (Certiport or PearsonVue) what date and time you would like to take the exam. At the same site, you will choose the training center that is closest to you (or you can arrange to do it at home) and the payment method.
On the scheduled day, simply attend the indicated location with a photo document.
Following are the MTA exam pages to begin the exam scheduling and scheduling process:
- 98-349 Exam - Windows Operating System Basics
- 98-361 Exam - Software Development Fundamentals
- 98-364 Exam - Database Fundamentals
- 98-365 Exam - Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- 98-366 Exam - Networking Fundamentals
- 98-367 Exam - Security Fundamentals
- 98-368 Exam - Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- 98-369 Exam - Cloud Fundamentals
- 98-375 Exam - Fundamentals of HTML5 Application Development
- 98-380 Exam - Introduction to Programming Using Block-Based Languages (Touch Develop)
- 98-381 Exam - Introduction to Programming Using Python
- 98-383 Exam - Introduction to Programming Using HTML and CSS
How many questions does the test have? What is the grade to be approved? What is the test time?View answer
The time limit for reading the exam rules is 15 min and the exam time is 45 min (summing up gives 1h). If you have studied hard, this will not be a problem as the questions are quite simple.
Where do I take the MTA test?View answer
If you are not a student, Microsoft certification exams can be taken in 2 environments (described below). You will choose whether to take the test at home or at an official training center during the test schedule, where the website itself shows you which training center is closest to you.
- Official Training Center: One of the places to take a certification test is at an official training center. These Microsoft partner sites often offer official training and also provide a framework for the general public to take their certification exams.
The exams must be scheduled in advance (I explained in the previous question) and are done on an Internet-connected computer with cameras in the room and an on-site instructor. Your belongings, including bags, backpacks and cell phones, should be collected before the start of the test, and removed by you only at the end of the exam.
The whole structure is the responsibility of the company and in case of any problem they should help you solve it on time.
- Your home: Another option for those who do not want to move to a training center, whether for convenience, lack of time or even living far from one, is to take the test in the comfort of your home.
Although this option seems very comfortable at first, I should warn you that it has a number of rules to make it an interesting and really practical option:
- A Microsoft employee will monitor you throughout the exam through a webcam or mobile phone with the camera turned on.
- You will need to show the entire location of your home where you will take the exam, so that it makes sure that the location has nothing against the exam rules and policies, such as a camera or paper with notes and tips, and may be asked to remove objects from the place where you will take the test.
- No one in your house can appear on camera images or talk to you during the race.
- If your internet connection goes down or your computer crashes, try it for you, without redoing (just paying again)
Where can I study? Do you have material for MTA?View answer
In addition, there are several free materials I will make available (all in Portuguese / EN):
- 98-361: Fundamental Software Development
- 98-364: Database Administration Fundamentals
- 98-365: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- 98-366: Networking Fundamentals
- 98-367: Security Fundamentals
Are you looking for English materials or proof material that I have not listed above? Visit this link.
For those taking the 98-364: Database Administration Fundamentals exam (which I did), I have also prepared some links that may be helpful in your studies, according to the required skills:
98-364 Exam: Database Fundamentals (Exam Link)
Understanding Core Database Concepts
- Understand how data is stored in tables
- Understand relational database concepts
- Understand data manipulation language
- Understand data definition language (DDL)
Create Database Objects
- Choose data types
- Understand tables and how to create them
- Create views
- Create stored procedures and functions
- Select data
- Insert data
- Update data
- Delete data
Understand Data Storage
- Understand normalization
- Understand primary, foreign, and composite keys
- Understand indexes
Administer a Database
- Understand database security concepts
- Understand database backups and restore
If you would like to join a Whatsapp group focused on Microsoft certifications, please visit the link https://chat.whatsapp.com/invite/0pnHXak46QCHOMfGXOD2OC (Whatsapp) ou https://t.me/certificacao (Telegram) on your mobile and enjoy the content and tips that are sent there!
And don't forget to share and disclose your certifications! Not sure how to do this? See how accessing the post MCP Professional - How to Share Your Certifications and How to Find Certified Professionals.
Want to know ALL about data area certification exams? Watch the Data Platform Certification Webinar, which I attended along with Caio Lover, Danilo Cardoso, Maruan Aawar and Meirieli Ribeiro:
A hug and see you next!